Capturing the hearts of Ethereum & Solana through extraordinary illustration
Muimooi, born and raised in northern Thailand, is a 25 year old freelance illustrator and contributor at Freepik and Canva.
Her work in NFTs spans across Ethereum, Polygon, and Solana, with notable collections like Cat Eye Girl (ETH) and The Boy (SOL), captivating 1/1 collectors with vibrant colors and personable, relatable traits. She is available for custom pieces and commissions via Famous Fox's Marmalade platform. 1. How did you get started in NFTs? I entered the NFT space in 2021 based on a recommendation from a mentor. When I heard his story, I could see that NFTs were something new and exciting. I applied for an OpenSea account right away! I first tried a few small collections on Ethereum and couldn't sell a single one, but I didn't give up. I went on to make a collection on Polygon called Cat Eye Girl. People started collecting and getting to know me as an artist. Even in a slower market, I've continued to draw and create new pieces because of the commitment I've made to my collectors - I won't go anywhere, I'll always be with them.
Then one day, I found and applied to Formfunction, where I released The Boy collection. The Famous Fox Federation community were the first to buy my work, and really welcomed me into the Solana community. I really love and appreciate the Solana community and have amazing artists like zen0 and Joiceloo as my idols.
2. Walk us through your artistic process! My inspiration for drawing is a cartoon that I've watched on TV since I was young. Japanese comics have had a big influence on me. I like to look at beautiful street art paintings or works that are widely spread on social media - it makes me want to draw as beautifully as them.
My drawings don't have a fixed style. I'm always experimenting with different lines and methods of painting. My drawing is like cooking - to come up with new flavors, I always find new recipes to try.
3. Could you share more about the person who got you into NFTs? His name is longgilbert, he's a musician who loves drawing. At the time, he created the Crazy Cat Club collection that was very popular. Currently, he's back making his own music and works as a music teacher.
4. The Boy is a very popular collection - tell us more about it! I love every piece of it. I originally intended to make only 100 pieces and now it's almost complete. As for the future of the collection, stay tuned to see how The Boy's story continues for collectors :)
5. Tell us more about your personal life and what influences your work! I really enjoyed watching Japanese cartoons as a kid - Doraemon, Dragon Ball, One Piece, hunter x hunter, etc. My character style and line drawing is from those cartoons.
In my free time, I like to watch cartoons, read novels, and cook weird food. I like to travel and spend quiet time in nature. Oh, and I love cats!
6. Do you hold any NFTs from Solana projects that you're really passionate about? My favorite Solana projects are Famous Fox Federation and Popheadz. FFF is a great community and Popheadz is such amazing art in both design and color.
7. What advice would you give to an artist exploring NFTs for the first time? Many artists (myself included) are introverted. I'd tell new artists that being involved with the community is important. It's definitely better than you might think :)
8. If you had to choose one NFT to hold forever, which would it be? If I could pick one project to hold forever, definitely FFF! I want a DeGod too :)
I'd like to say to my friends, collectors, artists, and the community: I'm here because of you - everything I've received from this community means a lot to me, thank you very much!